Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kadhi Pakode

Am caught up with intensive trainings at work, so even though I am still cooking and eating out with as much gusto as possible, writing takes a back seat.
I made some really nice Kadhi Pakode recently.. I say really nice because at least five-seven people said it was delicious, one of them a Rajasthani, no less!

the best things about Kadhi pakode, apart from its simplicity and guaranteed deliciousness are that a) it can be made in parts- ie, one can fry the pakodas at a much earlier date, and store them in an airtight container
b) Richness can be adjusted according to taste- therefore one can make it for everyday consumption as well as to serve to guests

I was lucky to chance upon this lady's website. She must be really nice, she updates vegetarian recipes which are really simple as well as delicious and is a godsend for the likes of me. Each recipe comes with a video as well, which I find extremely helpful.

My Kadhi Pakode is a take on hers- the changes I made were:
a) I left out the hing (asafoetida) as I seem to be allergic to it.
b)I added a LOT of coriander powder, which she has not done here
An additional suggestion:
Mix some salt and green chillies/chilli powder to the pakoda batter
The richness of the Kadhi depends on the amount of besan one adds, and also the quantity of water one pours in/boils off

I rather like the idea of adding a little bit of tadka roasted in ghee at the end:)
My pakodas turned out flat rather than spherical, but didn't taste too bad all the same.






No comments:

Post a Comment