Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lemon butter garlic rice

Or funny fried rice :)

I made some lemon butter sauce, as i had said, but unfortunately there was nothing to eat it with, so I had to throw it away.. luckily, it's not very precious, and there was too much lemon in it anyway, so didn't feel too bad about it.

I made it in a saucepan.. which became naturally buttery. I returned the garlic pieces to it, and ws windering what to  do with it.... when inspiration struck.
I usually make myself a certain quantity of rice on a daily basis.. usually in a saucepan.. out of sheer laziness and a disinlination to do any extra washing up, I decied to make rice in the same pan.. kind of like kore dehi naa.. koto khaaraap hobe? So i just boile dosme water in the selfsame pan, and put the uncooked rice in.

Result.. ooh.. a dollop of heaven..:) Double the amount of water that I normally use was needed though.. so I don't know if it is due to the presence of the fat.. or just something to do with the rice itself..Either way, it was olfactory heaven :))

No comments:

Post a Comment