Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Apple Crumble at Boca Grande

A lazy post today



This is apple crumble with a dollop of cream and vanilla ice cream at Boca Grande:), a pretty coffee shop, the usual kind, where you get fancy coffees, shakes, the usual burger-sandwich-pizza-pasta, and some continental entrees selection... but their real forte are their deserts.. they make cheesecakes to die for as well as several other extremely seductive looking items. It's alovely , leafy place, with a balcony up top, where you can sit comfortably with a book for hours, their service is a bit strange- they take ages to take your order, but then bring your food in a jiffy, but then take another aeon to bring the bill...so it's all to the good.

Isn't it nice :) ? I had it after a plate of crisp, succulent, prawn tempura:). The tempura batter was as tasty as usual, - so much more fun than besan- and the prawns were fresh and juicy-just right..The apple crumble was totally sensuous-soft, mildly sweet, had enough pastry to lay the foundations of a house..

Now, even though I am not generally fond of sweets, and have a bad reputation amongst my cousins for being the kid who preferred having Karela (bitter gourd) to chocolate, I DO love pastries and deserts and ice cream (I once invoked the wrath of my cousin by polishing off an entire Death by Chocolate, which she had thought would go to HER share, since of course, I was the cousin Who Was Known Not to Like Sweets)


Now I know I started this as a recipe blog, but the (not so) fine print says that this is err .. a recipe blog for people who do not like to cook. So I am sure I can also talk about restaurants, as eating out is an essential recipe for people who do not like to cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment