Thursday, September 8, 2011

I made lemon butter sauce today....it made me so happy.. the soft lemony buttery goodness of it. I fried some garlic in the butter before putting in the lemon juice. I dipped my fingers into the velvety sauce when I thought it was complete. I let the butter drip onto my tongue.
I floated away on the flavour, the fragrance.....
Cooking is sensuous.

I have been going through highs and lows, dips and surges, physically and emotionally recently, and I love the way cooking can soothe me, calm me down, make me feel secure..... almost as much as reading.
Cooking is my pleasure, my passion, my addiction, my emotional analgesic. Does not need to be elaborate, most of the recipes here are very easy. I can't stay in the kitchen for too many hours on end..I get very physically exhausted...I feel peeved with the people who did away with traditional Indian floor arrangements in the kitchen and brought in stupid western countertops

I wish I could stay home for a period of time .. go home for a period of time. But since I can't... flavours and aromas of home will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment